Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ocala Horse Trials

I'm sitting in the airport restaurant in Orlando waiting for my flight returning to NJ following an excellent weekend at the Ocala Horse Properties Horse Trials. I was down to act as the TD for the weekend. A big thanks has to go out to both Jon Holling and Peter Grey for putting on a class competition under their company EquiVentures. I don't want to forget the countless other volunteers that helped, who without we'd have no sport at all!

This serves as the last major date on my schedule for the year. We may have a schooling show or two in the coming weeks, but this was a perfect end to an eventful year. With the cold weather arriving, we've been ironing out our schedule for 2013 as well as our winter farm plans etc.

Next week, Jess and I are heading down to Aiken for Thanksgiving with her parents. I'm going to use the opportunity to visit the farm we're renting for the winter season. I'm very excited, it's a 16 stall center isle barn with plenty of turnout as well as riding areas. It should be the perfect base to work from for years to come.

Earlier in the week, I picked up two new horses who will be joining us for the winter. One from Jane Dudinsky, who owned both Lord Baltimore as well as Getalong Maggie. Jane's horse was again started by Kip Hollaway who's done a wonderful job getting him going. Leo or Little Leo as he'll be known at our place has done a bunch of training level events and is ready to move up to prelim in the spring. The second is a coming 4 year old, named Eli, owned by Kristen Burgers, who also owns Royal Tribute. He is ready to get going in his competitive career.

We still do have room for one more horse down in Aiken. If you have any questions, or would like information about our training and competition program please don't hesitate to email or call at 908-399-9112. 


Doug, Jon Holling, Cathy Slaterback, Peter Grey

1 comment:

  1. Good day! Let me first state that you definitely have created a beautiful website. And I got a question for you. Have you ever taken place in some blogging competitions?

    ReplyDelete