Monday, February 21, 2011

We're in full swing...

This post is long overdue. Since Full Gallop we've been to countless XC schoolings, schooling shows and 4 more events. 31 starts into 2011 things are going better than I could have imagined. 25 top 10's, 19 top 5's and 6 wins so far. We have a bunch of talented young horses who are just starting to make their splash.

Click here for full results for the 2011 season.

Two new additions at DPE which are here for the long term. The two monsters, both 17.1+, are Royal Tribute aka the prodigy and Lysander aka Leo. Leo is 4 this year and just finished his first event this past weekend. He's an exceptional jumper very brave and quite a good mover he is jointly owned by myself and Kristin Michaloski. The second, who might be the nicest horse I've ever had the opportunity to work with, is Tribute who is 5 this year. He is jointly owned by myself and Kristin Burgers. Tribute was the grand champion of the USEA FEH series two years ago as a 3 year old. He has now been to 3 events, he will be a superstar in the future. His novice over the weekend he finished on his dressage score of 21.3. Not a bad start!

The big guys are back this coming weekend. Running Order will do his first advanced of the season at Pine Top on Friday. Tali and Simon both will be doing intermediate and Tom and Slick in the prelim. I don't think I can express how lucky I am to have such a strong group of horses heading into the season.

Aside from the events, we've had a number of USEF training sessions with Mark Phillips the US team coach. Tali and Running Order both attended. Both are going exceptionally well. As always Mark had a number of tweaks which have helped immensely. Long story short, it's just a matter of expecting more from you and your horse.

I keep reminding myself, great horses are made not born. I intend to capitalize on the opportunity that's been presented to me!

Stay warm for those up north, I don't want to brag...but it's going to be in the mid 70's and sunny today. :)

- D

PS We've got a bunch of new videos on the facebook page, click here to view.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Nice addition in Tribute. Cant wait to see him! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete