Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jumperland Day 2 + Blenhiem!!



The ponies continue to improve up at HITS in Saugraties, NY. I can't overstate how great it is to be able to concentrate purely on jumping. In the three days here, we're jumping half a season of jumping rounds if we were eventing. Tribute and Hughie jumped much better today. We made a few minor adjustments that went a long way.

RO had his first day of jumping today, and jumped like a star. He finished 4th of 31 on the FarmVet $1000 level 5 speed class. He's heading back tomorrow for the 5's and 6's.


Tomorrow night we'll have a full report and hopefully some videos.

The second very exciting bit of news that came my direction today was from the USEF. Sara send me a text mid afternoon stating that I have received a grant to fly over to Blenheim this fall for the CCI***! This is very exciting, and hopefully will set us up very well for a potential shot at Rolex in the spring. I have to keep reminding myself that they are both a long way away, and still have a lot of skills to refine before being super competitive, but it's not a bad start!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment