Thursday, September 8, 2011

AEC's dressage day

The first day of dressage is always exciting. With talented horses you always feel as if you have a shot to make a run at the top of the leaderboard. I am very lucky to have two of the nicest horses I've ever ridden here this weekend. Neither of them disappointed.

Running Order built on Richland, He was the best he's been in the ring yet. He was through, and active for almost the entire test. I was annoyed with myself when we finished knowing I threw away a number of points in the last two changes...next time will be different. I have to thank my Mom for her help this summer, I guess she knows what she's looking at afterall! :)

Tribute was next up. I really don't know what to say, he his just phenomenal. For a 5 yr old to come out as he did today, he is very special. They don't come around like this often. I have to thank Kristen Burgers again for her support, and for picking him out as yearling!! The judges did not agree in the least about our score, leaving us in 3rd. Luckily it's not a dressage show, and the future for him couldn't be brighter.

The courses look good for tomorrow, and the footing couldn't be better. I'm very excited to implement the new plan for RO tomorrow. Fingers crossed! RO is around 10 and Tribute around 4.

Best of luck for all competing tomorrow...

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment