Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day Thoughts...

Driving up to Rochester last weekend to teach a clinic I found myself reflecting on 2010, not that it's over yet. I'm flying down tomorrow morning to ride a few horses at Pine Top in Ga for Shanon Baker, so Sunday the eventing season will officially close for me.

While driving through some less fortunate areas of western NY, I nearly found my self feeling guilty. It really is a crazy life I'm able to lead, I was driving my little BMW up to teach a bunch of people who to ride their horses better. There are much bigger problems which need to be addressed.

Funny how things happen, but I would have never guessed I'd be in the position 5 or 10 years ago. I'm very lucky to have such a great support staff without which I wouldn't be here. From the girls, well girl and guy, at the moment (Meg and Conor) to the best farrier in the world, and occasional Bacon foster mom Sudie....the list goes on to our vets (Running S Equine), hay guys lead by Scott Clucas, all of my sponsors (click to see all of them here, we've got a few more who will be added to this list shortly) Of course last but not least is the fabulous supporters/owners who allow me the privilege of working with the best group of horses of any rider out there.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday...and don't worry about that diet tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment