Saturday, October 16, 2010

XC results...

Running Order was pretty damn good, but unfortunately not perfect. He jumped the first 8 perfectly. 9 was the first water. The A element was on a left bend into it around a bunch of trees. In hindsight I should have squared the turn off a bit more, he didn't read it well. I ended up have 2 stops at it. I should have taken more time on my second attempt. The third was sticky, but finished up well. We continued on in the straight route and jumped elements b through e very well. In most cases I'd be very upset, but just got better and better through the course. I can't tell you how excited I am about our future. He finished up still only 45 seconds late. Amazing being that I just let him cruise on after fence 9. The time was well within his grasp. As Mark said at the finish, "this is a very good horse for the future." I couldn't agree more. Just has some to learn.

I've heard time and time again that experience is what you need after you need it. I've got it for next year!

Ill report back with everyone else's results.

D
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment